This collection is comprised of records of the College's activities in relation to the training and education of Paediatricians. It include Agendas and Minutes of meetings, as well as sample exam papers and learning materials.
Records of Education and Training Activities
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2738 RCPCH/005
- Dates of Creation1944- Present Day
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Throughout its history, the British Paediatric Association has sought to influence and develop paediatric training, including the Diplomas in Child Health developed jointly by the Royal College of Physicians and the Royal College of Surgeons.
From 1996, upon receiving the Royal Charter, the College took over responsibility for the responsibility for Paediatric Training from the Royal College of Physicians, including:
- Setting syllabuses for Paediatric Training
- Running examinations
- Recommending to the General Medical Council the award of a Certificate of Completion of Training
From 2008, the College became responsible for running the recruitment of Doctors to the specialty training programme.
As of 2012, the College also works to support Revalidation of Paediatricians.