Wills, letters of administration, leases, agreements, etc. relating to privateand business affairs in Australia, 1842-1910.
Papers of the British Records Association (Australia)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.austr.s.14
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Austr. s. 14
- Dates of Creation1842-1910
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description4 boxes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Founded in 1932, the British Records Association exists to encourage and assistwith the preservation, care, use and publication of historical records.
Conditions Governing Access
Bodleian reader's ticket required.
Collection level description created by Paul Davidson, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 645 in Manuscript Collections in Rhodes House Library Oxford,Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library, 1996).
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of personal papers without permission. Contact the library in the first instance.
The papers were initially deposited with the British Records Association as follows:
- Bucknall family probates and letters of administration, 1890-1904, through Flegg & Sons, solicitors, of London
- Probates of William Heywood, 1871, through Bridges, Sawtell & Adams, solicitors, of London
- Letters of administration of John Mattinson, Philip Thomas Bowden, Alfred Diaper and Thomas Ritchie, 1842-1872, and probate of Charles Hay, 1848, through Vizards, of London
- Probate of William Holland Goldsmid, 1903, through Godden, Holme & Co., of London
- Documents concerning the Canning Jarrah Timber Company Limited, The South Australian Tramways Co. Ltd., etc., c1882-1903, through Morrish, Strode & Co., of London
- Letters of administration of John Walker Kelsall, 1884, through Julius White & Bywater, of London
- Letters of administration of George Halford Parker, 1873, through Penningtons & Lewis & Lewis, of London
- Reconveyance of property at New Norfolk, Van Diemens Land, 1842, through Waterhouse & Co., solicitors, of London
- Correspondence from Mellwraith McEacharn & Co. concerning investments in the Darling Downs and Western Land Company Ltd., 1893-18, through Williams & James, solicitors, of London
- Other papers, through Taylor Garrett, solicitors, of London