Comprises a single poem concerning a quarrel between two kinsmen, Sir Peter Leycester and Sir Thomas Mainwaring, concerning a female ancestor, corresponding to Crum T3451.
A ballad made of a high and mighty controversy betwixt two knights in Cheshire
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt q 59
- Dates of Creationca. 1700-1750
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 ff. conjoined, folio manuscript. Written in a single hand on ff.1v-2r. On f.1r the name 'Mr Toft', possibly an owner, is written.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The author of the poem and the writer of the manuscript are both unknown.
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased at Heath's bookshop on 21 April 1994.
Other Finding Aids
The poem is indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bcltq59