This series largely comprises personal correspondence with over 130 individuals and institutions, together with miscellaneous papers. Among the correspondents are Edward Gordon Craig, Douglas Fairbanks junior, Marie Löhr, Sir Walter Monckton, Edwina, Countess Mountbatten, J.B. Priestley, Field-Marshal Sir William Slim, Lesley Storm, Sir Godfrey Tearle, and Air Vice-Marshal Arthur William Tedder. There are also papers relating to Basil Dean's wartime service (DEA/13/3/1-13), programmes of amateur entertainments (DEA/13/3/14-36), and a couple of statuettes (DEA/13/4/1-2).
Personal Letters and Papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 DEA/13
- Dates of Creation1902-1972
- Physical Description4 subseries, 366 items.
Scope and Content
This series is divided into four subseries:
- DEA/13/1, Letters to Basil Dean, 230 items, 1908-1972.
- DEA/13/2, Copy Letters from Basil Dean, 72 items, 1924-1963.
- DEA/13/3, Papers, 62 items, 1902-1972.
- DEA/13/4, Statuettes, 2 items, c.1920 and 1934.