The archive contains a large quantity of photographs, especially of productions, as well as portraits of Basil Dean and his associates in the theatre. The photographs comprise studio portraits, publicity shots of productions, and informal amateur 'snaps'.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 DEA/9
- Dates of Creationc.1884-1976 [bulk 1920-1950]
- Physical Description5 subseries, 904 items.
Scope and Content
This series is divided into five subseries:
- DEA/9/1, Photographs of Productions, 676 items, 1911-1961.
- DEA/9/2, Portraits of Basil Dean, 13 items, c.1930-c.1970.
- DEA/9/3, Career Photographs, 116 items, 1907-1961.
- DEA/9/4, Family and Personal Photographs, 39 items, c.1884-1976.
- DEA/9/5, Photographs of Colleagues and Friends in the Theatre, 60 items, 1909-1960s.
There are photographs elsewhere in the archive. Sixteen photographs of the stage production of Hassan have been kept with the other Hassan material (DEA/2/32/789-904). There are also over 180 photographs relating to E.N.S.A. (DEA/5/6).