- Papers regarding medical history including pamphlet collection of Professor Stockman 1897-1937
- Verbatim notes on lectures of Professor Anderson 1875-1876
- Notes on lectures of Dr Gemmell and Dr Thomson 1900-1913
Papers of William Gordon Harrington, 1918-c.1996, physician, Glasgow, Scotland
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 812 HB 67
- Dates of Creation1875-1937
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 metre
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Gordon Harrington was born in Glasgow in 1918 and was educated at the University of Glasgow, Scotlad gaining the qualification MB,ChB in 1942 . He became the Deputy Medical Superintendent at Glasgow Royal Infirmary and Area Medical Superintendent at Stirling, Alloa and Falkirk Hospitals. Harrington retired to Lancaster, Lancashire and died c.1996 .
Not yet arranged
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Compiled by Alistair Tough, Greater Glasgow NHS Board Archivist, 23 July 1998.
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 812 procedures
Records held by Dr Harrington prior to transfer
No known publications using this material