Comprises evidence of the conspiracy in 1663 to seize York and overthrow the government of Charles II, with an alphabetical index of names at the end. The contents of this manuscript differ from those of British Library Add. MS. 33770, a related manuscript which lacks at least two examinations recorded here.
Fanaticism Plot, or the informations, confessions, and examinations, of the persons concerned in the notorious insurrection in Farnley-wood, in the parish of Leedes, in the County of York, on the twelfth day of October M.DC.LXIII
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Pol 1
- Dates of Creationca.1750
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 vol. (, 357,  pp.), manuscript. Written in a single neat eighteenth-century hand, said to be copied from documents in York, with facsimile signatures by the compiler. All preliminary pages are blank except the title. 384 pp. are ruled in red, but pp.and -end are otherwise blank. The first preliminary page bears a signature "M. Cottam". Bound in contemporary blind stamped calf, rebacked. Some pages are loose.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The compiler of this manuscript is unknown.
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased from Francis Edwards on 8 June 1964.
Three examinations which are recorded here are also recorded in T.D. Whitaker, Loidis and Elmete, Leeds: T. Davison, 1816, pp.108-113, and there is a reference to this conspiracy in Surtees Society, vol. 40 (1861), p.102.