The small displays case files include records relating to the planning and staging of each display. Given the limited scale of the displays themselves and the fact that works for display are sourced from within the Gallery's own Collections, the records generated for each display can be limited. Where warranted, records have been divided according to the following system:
1. Proposal and planning - including internal correspondence; picture lists; panel texts and captions and other interpretive material.
3. Financial management - including budget information
4. Design and graphics - including plans; layout; colour schemes; correspondence with designers etc.
5. Education events - including workshop etc material.
6. Publicity events and leaflets - including leaflets; private and press review cards; flyers etc.
7. Visitor information - including visitor figures and comments/feedback
The small displays records also include installation shots in some instances: images taken of the display in situ (i.e. images of how the display looked/the works on display, rather than images of the individual works themselves). Images can include prints, slides, negatives and contact sheets.
Small displays also typically generate the following published/printed material which has been managed and catalogued as the following separate records series: posters and press-cuttings.