The series comprises photographs and other images of SOAS buildings, from the London Institution at Finsbury Circus (including images dating from before the opening of the School of Oriental Studies in 1917), to the addition of the Special Collections Reading Room to the SOAS Library, Philips Building. A variety of views of the Finsbury Circus, Bloomsbury Building and Philips Buildings, both internal and external, are included, including images of the construction of the Philips Building. There are also images of the Brunei Gallery, Percival David Foundation exhibition spaces, No. 30 Russell Square, the Round Room of the former Public Record Office, Senate House (University of London), University of London Union, and some unidentified street scenes.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 SOAS/SPA/1
- Dates of Creation1820 - 2004
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description456 imagesColor: 102 prints, 2 mounted prints, 12 negatives, 1 drawing, 6 display boards and 19 slides;Black and white: 157 prints, 32 mounted prints, 58 negatives and 2 engravingsFramed pictures: 10 framed pictures with 31 black and white printsPrinted: 4 magazines and print drafts with 24 black and white prints
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Black and white, colour, prints, mounted prints, framed prints, printed material, negatives, slides, engravings
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright held by SOAS, University of London unless otherwise indicated.