Records of the Centre of African Studies (CAS), consisting of files on conferences, symposiums, workshops, seminars and other events organised by Centre on its own or on conjunction with other organisations.
Centre of African Studies
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 SOAS/CEN/01
- Dates of Creation1971-2005
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description11 boxes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The University of London's Centre of African Studies was founded in 1965 at SOAS. From 1991 it assumed responsibility for co-ordinating, stimulating and promoting interdisciplinary study, research and discussion on Africa within the University of London, and promoting a wider awareness of African issues.
Other Finding Aids