Three albums, consisting of a commonplace book of Frances Anne Edgeworth, an embroidery pattern book, and an album of sketches and watercolours, with drawings by Mary Anne Fox. The collection also contains loose leaves removed from the volumes.
Albums of the Edgeworth and Fox families
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. c. 6068-70, d. 2915
- Dates of Creation18th-19th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description4 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Edgeworth and Fox families were linked through the marriage of Sophia Edgeworth and Barry Fox of Annaghmore.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The albums were bought by the Library in 1995.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.