Letters from Viscount Grey to Louise Creighton, wife of Mandell Creighton, 1901-31, with a few other letters, 1886-99.
Letters of Edward, Viscount Grey of Fallodon
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.lett.e.73/1-2
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. lett. e. 73/1-2
- Dates of Creation1886-1931
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Edward, Viscount Grey of Fallodon (1862-1933) was a statesman. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The letters were given to the Library by Miss Mary Bailey and other grandchildren of the Creightons in 1959.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 41821-2.