Handbills were single sided sheets which gave information on upcoming productions. Programmes were very similar to handbills containing the same information but in a booklet form, they also contained advertisments. The programmes in this section are different from contemporary programmes as they were used to attract people to attend the theatre to view the production advertised and were largely free. The handbills and programmes in this section contain information on productions staged at Sadler's Wells including cast information, details of production plots, performance dates and the cost of attending performances.
Handbills and programmes
- For more information, email the repository
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb1032-s/swt/s/swt/1/3/5
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1032 S/SWT/1/3/5
- Dates of Creation1826-1912
- Physical Description1 box and 2 oversize folders