Notes from the dictates of Mr John Wishart taken down by Martin Newall.
- pp.1-52 Idea logicae et philosophiae primae [Fundamentals in Logic], begun 19 February 1674. p.1-38 blank apart from title.
- pp.53-132 Disputatio logica [Disputations in Logic], begun 3 April 1674, index on p.131.
- pp.133-240 Idea Metaphysicae [Metaphysics], begun 1 January 1675.
- pp.241-268 Pneumatica est metaphysicae pars specialissima [Pneumatics], begun 17 April 1675.
- pp.283-392 Idea philosophiae moralis [Moral Philosophy], begun 3 May 1675.
- pp.397-468 Theses de corpore vulgo physicae [Physiology] [including observations on the work of Robert Boyle and [Seth] Ward, on the vacuum, on Rene Descartes and on atomism], begun 4 January 1676 [incomplete].
- Inside front and back covers: scribbles.
Text within ruled border. Marginal annotations in the hand of Newall, some in Hebrew, with illuminated items. Illuminated capitals, mainly red and yellow. Decorated headings. Coat of arms bearing initials MN pp.52, 133 and 283. Repaginated in one sequence, each section originally paginated separately.