JELLICOE PAPERS. Vol. XXIV (ff. 154).
1. ff. 1-16. 'War orders and Dispositions', compiled by Jellicoe as commander of the 2nd Division, Home Fleet; 1912. Typewritten draft, with autograph corrections and additions.
2. ff. 17-154. Papers relating to strategy and tactics, mostly concerning the Grand Fleet; 1914-1915. Includes correspondence of Jellicoe, principally with the Admiralty, and (ff. 61-124) memoranda on torpedo attack and defence, 1916.
Includes reference to submarines, Iceland, Naval policy and mines, and includes diagrams of range at which Grand Feet should engage High Seas Fleet and torpedo danger zone from enemy battle line.
Navy; England: Papers of Lord Jellicoe: 1893-1935.
Admiral of the Fleet John Rushworth Jellicoe, 1st Earl Jellicoe: Correspondence and papers: 1893-1935.
- ff. 17-20, 37 Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill, KG; Prime Minister: Correspondence with Lord Jellicoe: 1912-1917: Partly typewritten and signed.
- ff. 21-36, 125-129, 132-136 Sir William Graham Greene, Admiralty secretary: Correspondence with Lord Jellicoe: 1914-1917.
- f. 37 Admiral of the Fleet John Arbuthnot Fisher, 1st Baron Fisher of Kilverstone: Correspondence, etc., with Lord Jellicoe: 1909-1917: Partly typewritten and extract.
- ff. 40-44 Admiral of the Fleet Sir Henry Bradwardine Jackson, GCB: Correspondence with Lord Jellicoe: 1915, 1916.
- ff. 48-60 Admiral of the Fleet Sir Frederick Charles Doveton Sturdee, 1st Baronet: Memoranda by: 1915, 1916: Signed.
- f. 61 Admiral of the Fleet Sir Charles Edward Madden, 1st Baronet: Note to Sir F. C. Dreyer: 1916.
- f. 61 Admiral Sir Frederic Charles Dreyer, GBE: Note to: 1916.
- f. 62 Rear-Admiral Roger Mowbray Bellairs: Memorandum by: 1916.
- ff. 64-88 Admiral Sir Frederic Charles Dreyer, GBE: Minutes, etc., by: 1916-1918: Partly typewritten.
- ff. 89-97 Admiral of the Fleet Sir Roger Roland Charles Backhouse, GCB: Minute by: 1916.
- f. 130 Admiral of the Fleet Sir Henry Francis Oliver, KCB: Minutes, etc., by: 1916, 1917: Partly typewritten.
- f. 138 Arthur Jefferies Collins, Keeper of Manuscripts, British Museum: Letter to: 1951.
- ff. 138 Admiral Sir Frederic Charles Dryer, GBE: Letter to A. J. Collins: 1951.
- f. 139 Admiral Sir Frederic Charles Dreyer, GBE: Letter to: 1918.
- f. 139 Admiral of the Fleet Sir Frederick Laurence Field, KCB: Letter to Adm. Sir F. C. Dreyer: 1918: Mostly signed.