JELLICOE PAPERS. Vol. LVII (ff. 260).
1. ff. 1-32. Admiralty memoranda on the 'Naval situation in the Far East' and 'Imperial Naval Defence'; 1919. Typewritten.
2. ff. 33-260. Correspondence and papers of Jellicoe relating to his Empire Naval Mission; 1918-1920. Partly printed, typewritten, and copies.
Admiral of the Fleet John Rushworth Jellicoe, 1st Earl Jellicoe: Correspondence and papers: 1893-1935.
Navy; England: Papers of Lord Jellicoe: 1893-1935.
- f. 33 Gerald Arthur Steel, of the Admiralty: Letters to Lord Jellicoe: 1917, 1918: Signed.
- ff. 43-47, 126 Sir Oswyn Alexander Ruthven Murray, GCB; Admiralty Secretary: Correspondence, etc., with Lord Jellicoe: 1918-1926: Signed.
- ff. 56-59 Admiral of the Fleet Sir Rosslyn Erskine Wemyss, Baron Wester Wemyss: Admiralty memorandum, Naval Defence of the British Empire: 1918: Printed.
- ff. 68-91, 98, 109, 200 Walter Hume Long, 1st Viscount Long: Correspondence, etc., with Lord Jellicoe: 1917-1923: Partly typewritten, drafts, and copies.
- ff. 108, 207 Ronald Craufurd Munro-Ferguson, Viscount Novar; Governor-General of Australia: Correspondence with Lord Jellicoe: 1919: Typewritten and partly signed.
- ff. 133-173, 212-214 New Zealand: Papers rel. to Lord Jellicoe's naval mission to: 1919.
- ff. 142, 145-147, 159, 162 William Ferguson Massey, New Zealand Prime Minister: Correspondence, etc., with Lord Jellicoe: 1919, 1924: Partly signed.
- f. 144 Alfred Milner, Viscount Milner: Telegram to Lord Liverpool: 1919: Copy.
- ff. 144, 149-157, 163, 206, 213, 214 Arthur William de Brito Savile Foljambe, 2nd Earl of Liverpool: Letters, etc., to: 1919.
- f. 161 Sir James Allen, GCMG: Letter to: 1919.
- f. 215 William Lyon Mackenzie King, Prime Minister of Canada: Notes of conversation with Lord Jellicoe: 1919: Typewritten.
- f. 228b Maps and Plans: Maps and charts illustrating Lord Jellicoe's naval mission to Dominions and India: 1912-1920: Mostly lithogr.
- f. 249 Vice-Admiral Sir Trevelyan Dacres Willes Napier, KCB: Letter to Lord Jellicoe: 1920.
Correspondence and papers relating to: the purpose, organisation and itinerary of Jellicoe’s mission; potential visit to South Africa; itinerary of a visit by Admiral Henderson; reduction of Dominion fleets; post-War Naval requirements; New Zealand naval defence, acquisition of ships, officer appointments and estimated costs of New Zealand Navy; Naval affairs in India; the Australian Navy; the Canadian Naval Service; and discussion of submarines, naval armaments, aircraft, mines, sinkers and the press.
Includes a copy of Jellicoe’s ‘Report on Naval Mission to India and the Dominions 1918-1920’ with colour map marking Jellicoe’s journey, distribution lists for Jellicoe’s Reports on India, Australia, New Zealand and Canada and a printed booklet of ‘Presentations Made [to Jellicoe] during tour in HMS New Zealand on Naval Mission to India and Dominions Feb 1919-Feb 1920’.
See Add MS 49046-49057 for Jellicoe’s Reports on his Naval Missions to India, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.