JELLICOE PAPERS. Vol. XX (ff. 227). Correspondence, etc., of Jellicoe with Vice-Adm. David Beatty, 1st Earl Beatty; 1914-1918.
Admiral of the Fleet David Beatty, 1st Earl Beatty: Correspondence, etc., with Lord Jellicoe: 1914-1918: Partly typewritten.
Admiral of the Fleet John Rushworth Jellicoe, 1st Earl Jellicoe: Correspondence and papers: 1893-1935.
Navy; England: Papers of Lord Jellicoe: 1893-1935.
- f. 80 Admiral of the Fleet David Beatty, 1st Earl Beatty: Letter to Lord Asquith: 1916: Copy.
- f. 80 Herbert Henry Asquith, 1st Earl of Oxford and Asquith; Prime Minister: Letter to: 1916.
- f. 100 Captain Cyril Percy Ryan, RN: Letter to Lord Beatty: 1916.
- ff. 172-205 Admiral of the Fleet Sir Charles Edward Madden, 1st Baronet: Memoranda to Lord Beatty: 1917: Signed.
- ff. 172-205 Admiral of the Fleet David Beatty, 1st Earl Beatty: Memoranda to: 1917.
The majority of letters are from Beatty to Jelicoe concerning Navy tactics, orders, the Admiralty, submarines, minefields, seaplanes and risk versus caution. Includes letter from Beatty to Asquith about Jellicoe, some letters from Jellicoe to Beatty and correspondence following the Battle of Jutland. Also includes associated documents such as operational orders, maps, diagrams, plans for a blockade of Germany and mining policy.