JELLICOE PAPERS. Vol. LV (ff. 141).
1. ff. 1-25. Notes by Jellicoe on the German official account of the war at sea 1914-1916; n.d. Typewritten.
2. ff. 26-47. Account by Jellicoe of the Battle of Jutland; 1922. Typewritten. Signed. Printed, with additional material, in These Eventful Years, ed. F. H. Hooper, 1924, i, pp. 327-53.
3. ff. 48-62. A further draft containing part of Jellicoe's experiences as First Sea Lord, 24 Nov. 1916-July 1917. Typewritten, with autograph corrections. See Add MS 49041, ff. 266-320.
4. ff. 63-109. Criticisms by Jellicoe of errors in various drafts of the official History of the Great War: Naval Operations, vols. iv-v, by Sir Henry Newbolt, concerning the introduction of the convoy system, 1916-1919, with related correspondence; 1929.
5. ff. 110-121. U.S. reviews of Lord Jellicoe, The Crisis of the Naval War, 1920.
6. ff. 122-141. Report, etc., mostly by Jellicoe as New Zealand representative, relating to the Geneva Conference on Naval Disarmament; 1927.
Admiral of the Fleet John Rushworth Jellicoe, 1st Earl Jellicoe: Correspondence and papers: 1893-1935.
Navy; England: Papers of Lord Jellicoe: 1893-1935.
- ff. 26-46 Jutland, Denmark: Correspondence and papers rel. to Battle of Jutland: 1916-1929.
- ff. 64-108 passim Sir Henry John Newbolt, poet: Minutes, etc., rel. to his `Naval Operations', vols iv-v: 1929: Mostly typewritten.
- ff. 68, 89-97, 106 Admiral of the Fleet Sir Charles Edward Madden, 1st Baronet: Correspondence with Lord Jellicoe: 1916-1929: Partly typewritten and signed.
- f. 110 William Sowden Sims, US admiral: Letters to Lord Jellicoe: 1916-1920: Partly typewritten.
- f. 122 Sir Christopher James Parr, KCMG; New Zealand statesman: Letter, etc., to Lord Jellicoe: 1927: Signed.
- ff. 122-140 City of Geneva: Papers rel. to naval disarmament conference at: 1927: Mostly typewritten.
- ff. 139, 140 Alexander Flint, CB; of the Admiralty: Letters, etc., to Lord Jellicoe: 1920-1927: Mostly signed.