Original artwork by Lilias Trotter, including sketchbooks, drawings, watercolours and illustrations for publications.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 AWM/AMB/02/08/06
- Dates of Creationc.1858-1920s
- Physical Description2 boxes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Lilias Trotter drew and painted from an early age. Her sketchbooks were always with her on travels. Many of her paintings show desert landscapes, plants and flowers as well as people encountered during her journeys inland. Samples of her drawings and paintings may also be found in her diaries (Boxes 17-18), journals (Boxes 11, 13) and scrapbooks(Boxes 21-23).
Material in this series conserved by Graeme Gardiner, 2018.