Contains an account of a seventeenth-century Englishman's tour from London on Thursday, 30 June, 1687 to Holland, Belgium, and France, arriving back in London on Tuesday, 22 November, 1687.
Travells into Holland &c., an anonymous diary of an Englishman's tour of Holland, Belgium, and France during 1687
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Trv d 2
- Dates of Creation1687
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 vol. (51 ff., paginated 1-102), manuscript. Written in a single neat seventeenth-century hand with the text on each page set out regularly within red ruled lines and with running headings. Bound in leather with gilt and decorated tooling on both covers and the spine, and with marbling on both inside covers and endpapers.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The compiler of this manuscript is unknown.
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased from Grinke's bookshop on 5 November 1982.