- Meetings of Council / Annual General Meetings: minutes, 1925-1939
- Edinburgh University Settlement Association: minutes, 1905-1938
- Edinburgh University Settlement Association: letter books, 1905-1933
- Finance Committee: minutes, 1929-1944
- Thrift Shop Sub-committee, 1936-1938
- Newspaper Cuttings, 1942-1956
- Executive Committee: minutes, 1925-1955
- Annual Reports, 1905-1998 (incomplete)
- Settlement News (newsletter), Nos. 1-7, 1982 -
- Assorted reports, leaflets etc., 1980s.
Records of Edinburgh University Settlement
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Edinburgh University Settlement, a charitable organisation to promote community development and the alleviation of poverty, was founded in 1905 by members of the University of Edinburgh and representatives of the city of Edinburgh, 'linking town and gown'.
Arranged into series.
Conditions Governing Access
We strongly encourage you to contact us before your visit as special access conditions and restrictions apply to some collections. Please see our information on requesting material
Personal data relating to living individuals may be restricted under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Director of Collections. Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.