Typescript copy of a cywydd (poem) addressed to Joseph Davies Jones by Peder ab Rondol.
Cywydd to greet J. D. Jones
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb222-bmssjdjo
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 222 BMSS JDJO
- Dates of CreationLate 19th century
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialWelsh.
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Joseph David Jones, 1827-1870, was a school master at Ruthin in Denbighshire. He was the father of Dr J. D. Jones and Sir Haydn Jones, M.P. for Merioneth.
No biographical information was available regarding the creator of this document, Peder ab Rondol.
Incorporated into the General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts
Conditions Governing Access
Open to all users.
Description compiled by Elen Wyn Simpson, November 2003.
Other Finding Aids
A typescript catalogue is available at the Archives Department of the University of Wales Bangor. Reference number : General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts 10246
Conditions Governing Use
Usual copyright conditions apply. Reprographics are made at the discretion of the Archivist.