ca. 100 postcards, some embroidered (1914-1918); Tobacco tin (nd); First Field Dressing (nd); Biscuit in Shell Dressing case (nd); Assorted badges and shrapnel (nd); Copy of the New Testament (1917); Loose sheets of manuscript diary (1915-1916); 38 photographs (nd); Miscellaneous press cuttings (1915-1918, nd); Bacteriological report (12 May 1918); 2 Field medical cards (19 October 1918, nd); Memoranda (20 May 1919, 20 June 1919); Malarial detail sheet (nd); Out-of-Work Donation Policy booklet (nd); Manuscript note 'Military Humour' (nd); Booklet "Health Memoranda for Soldiers" (1914); National Health and Pensions Insurance card (nd); 3 Field Service Postcards (26 May 1916, 17 October 1918, nd); YMCA (Young Mens' Christian Association) postcard (nd); Protection and identity certificate (23 April 1919); Concert programme (nd); Travel warrant (23 January 1919); Gas Defence leaflet (nd); Booklet "Selected Psalms and Proverbs" (1914-1915); Letter from P. Hendrie (nd); Leave or Duty Ration Book (nd); Name tag (nd); Pay and allowances on demobilization booklet (nd).
Richard Elines papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection SAL 022
- Dates of Creation1914-1919
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box; manuscript, photographs, postcards, press cuttings, and printed material. Includes a tobacco tin, a biscuit in shell dressing case, badges and shrapnel, various official cards, a travel warrant, and a name tag.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Richard William Elines, born in 1893, was a Private, RAMC (Royal Army Medical Corps), serving in Salonika from 1915.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Other Finding Aids
Salonika catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available