- File concerning correspondence and other papers concerning valuation and claim for compensation with statistics (1940-1946) required by the Scottish District Valuation Board 1947-1950
Records of Glencairn Coal Co Ltd, coal masters, Longniddry, East Lothian, Scotland
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 UGD 109/4
- Dates of Creation1947-1950
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description1 fileThere are no physical characteristics that affect the use of this material.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Glencairn Coal Co Ltd operated a colliery at Longniddry, East Lothian, Scotland, in the first half of the twentieth century . The company was nationalised as part of the National Coal Board in 1947 under the terms of the Coal Industry Nationalisation Act 1946 and operated under the name Glencairn Coal Co Ltd until at least 1950 .
This material is arranged into series. Within series, the items are generally arranged chronologically.
Permanent loan: Deloitte & Touche, chartered accountants : Glasgow
Other Finding Aids
Digital file level list available in searchroom.
Manual file level list available at the National Registers of Archives in Edinburgh (NRA(S)1546)
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the University Archivist
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use & condition of documents
This material has been appraised in line with normal procedures
Held by Deloitte & Touche, chartered accountants
No known publications using this material
This material is original
No alterations to date