Letters and papers of C.C. Hurst, with annotations made by his wife Rona, who also compiled lists of files and summaries of the correspondence (section A), and used Hurst's letters to write a book, The Evolution of Genetics (section 23).
Charles Chamberlain Hurst: Correspondence and Papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 12 MS Add.7955
- Dates of Creation1895-1977
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish .
- Physical Description9 archive box(es) 9 boxes67 file(s) 67 files3 volume(s) 3 volumes1 envelope(s) 1 envelope
Scope and Content
Unless restrictions apply, the collection is open for consultation by researchers using the Manuscripts Reading Room at Cambridge University Library. For further details on conditions governing access please contact email@example.com. Information about opening hours and obtaining a Cambridge University Library reader's ticket is available from the Library's website (www.lib.cam.ac.uk).
The correspondence was presented by Mrs Rona Hurst in 1974, with a second deposit of notebooks made in 1976, and two small further deposits in 1977.
Other Finding Aids
There are card indexes to correspondents in the Manuscripts Reading Room.
A catalogue of the collection can be found on ArchiveSearch.