* The University Grants Committee's registered files relating to the 1960s expansion of universities are held at the National Archives. For the files relating to York and its case, 1947-1967, see TNA, UGC 7/218-220, 501-502.
* The papers of the first Director of the Borthwick, Canon Purvis, relating to the foundation of the University are held at York Explore, ref. GB 192 PUR.
* The Papers of Eric Milner-White are held at the King's College Archive Centre (Cambridge University), ref. GB 272 EMW.
* The Joseph Rowntree Foundation's file on the establishment of the University, for the period June 1959-April 1963 is held at the Borthwick, ref. GB 193 JRF/4/3/6/1.
Foundation and predecessors
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 193 UOY/F
- Dates of Creation1928-1973