Penny Tuerk (nee Kirkman) was an undergraduate student and read History at York from 1965-1968. As was usual at the time, she wrote home nearly every week, and her parents kept her letters. The letters cover Penny's time at York, her impressions of the new University, the course, her lodgings, and the opening of the new colleges in 1965, as well as her active involvement in the Drama Society. The letters chronicle the early years of the University and student life at the time.
Penny Kirkman: Letters from York
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 193 UOY/PP/12
- Dates of Creation1965-1968, 2020
- Physical Description11 files.
Scope and Content
Gifted by the family of Penelope Tuerk.