Two volumes containing a catalogue of black-letter and other books printed before 1600 in the possession of William Bayntun.
Catalogue of Books in the Possession of William Bayntun of Gray's Inn
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.misc.e.80-1
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. misc. e. 80-1
- Dates of Creation[ca. 1768-70]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Bayntun of Gray's Inn.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The volumes were found in the Library in 1916.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 45674-5.