Microfilms of the papers of Sir John Crampton regarding his service at Washington, mainly 1852-6.
Microfilms of the papers of Sir John Crampton as ambassador to the United States of America
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Film 582-3
- Dates of Creation20th century [copies of originals, mainly 1852-6]
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir John Crampton (1805-86) of Bushey Park, Enniskerry, co. Wicklow was a diplomat. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk).
Bought by the Library, Oct. 1964.
Collection level description created by Susan Thomas, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library, where there is also a card index to unpublished catalogues.