From K. Egerton [noted in an endorsement as being Lady Egerton, Heaton, ie. Catherine, another sister of Samuel Egerton's wife Beatrix, who married Sir Thomas Grey Egerton of Heaton in 1748]. The first letter is written by Katherine on behalf of her sister Assheton [Eleanor], who finds writing troublesome at present; she announces that Eleanor is sending her 2 daughters to London soon, and that their sentiments towards Mr Ward [who ultimately married 1 of the daughters] remain the same; in the second letter she thanks Samuel for his present of turkeys and pigeon and hopes to see him at Heaton soon.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 EGT/3/7/6/1/18
- Former ReferenceGB 133 Unlisted bundle 2.
- Dates of Creationn.d.
- Physical Description2 pieces.