Thirty-four handbills and six posters for the 1880 General Election, writtenor edited by Dr Mackie, Honorary Editor of the Editor's Handysheet.
CONSERVATIVE PARTY ELECTIONHANDBILLS
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 97 COLL MISC 0653
- Dates of Creation1880
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description1 volume and 6 posters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Liberal Party won the 1880 General Election with 1,836,423 votes (55.4 per cent).The Conservative Party came second with 1,426,351 votes (42.0 per cent) and the HomeRule Party third with 95,535 votes (2.6 per cent).
Thirty-four handbills and six posters.
Other Finding Aids
Printed handlist and list ondatabase available
Conditions Governing Use