- MS 600/7/2;D Letter to Sir Joseph Banks, 16 February 1793 [Regarding a cask of plants and insects on board Hero sent by Dr Hugh Gillan of Rio] photocopy
- MS 574/2;MJ Letter to Sir Joseph Banks, 21 July 1809 [Account of discoveries in the Antarctic regions made by captains of Enderby whaling ships, 1806-1808] microfilm
- MS 574/3;MJ Letter to Philip Parker King, 13 November 1827 [Recovering from Cholera, referring to discoveries made during sealing voyage of Sprightly and Lively, 1825-1826, serving on board HMS Adventure, prospects of whale fishery] microfilm
- MS 574/5;MJ Letter to Philip Parker King, 1 August 1827 [Regarding benefits to trade and navigation in regard to survey by King of South Pacific] microfilm
- MS 637;D Letter to H G Otis, 22 April 1829 [Introducing his son in law Captain H W Gordon] photocopy
- MS 533;D Letter to unnamed correspondent, 25 May 1801 [Regarding possible Bill to extend limits of whale fishery] photocopy
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Samuel Enderby/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation1793-1829
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionCirca 6 letters. MS 574/2;MJ, MS 574/3;MJ MS 574/5;MJ are on microfilm
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence relates to the business of the firm of Messrs Enderby and voyages of discovery undertaken by their captains.
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by recipient.
Alternative Form Available
MS 600/7/2;D, MS 574/2;MJ, MS 574/3;MJ,, MS 574/5;MJ MS 637;D and MS 533;D are copies.
Location of Originals
MS 600/7/2;D Royal Botanic Gardens Kew, London, England (1982), MS 574/2;MJ, MS 574/3;MJ and MS 574/5;MJ Mitchell Library, part of State Library of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia (1982), MS 637;D in Massachusetts Historical Society (1982), MS 533;D Dixon Library, State Library of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia (1982)