This series contains memoranda, minutes of meetings, correspondence, statistics, extracts from minutes and notes of meetings concerning the expansion of LPTB facilities to meet the planned development changes in London, including details of discussions on the Greater London Plan and transport aspects of town planning proposals, in particular new satellite towns such as Harlow and Hemel Hempstead. Also includes surveys on passenger needs and services in and out of London and statistics concerning London Passenger Pooling Scheme and passenger takings. Subjects include proposed improvements to suburban services and the growth of suburban shopping centres, traffic and population, the effect of main line electrification, the proposed extension of the Central Line, station and bus garage developments and Metropolitan Line improvement programme.
London Passenger Transport Board (LPTB): Chairman Standing Joint Committee: Memoranda and Correspondence, Statistics
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2856 (NEW)LT000273
- Former ReferenceGB 2856 S94-088 S94-005 LN000239/001(part) LN000271 Part2/1/Series1/SubSeries2 LN000244 HG1 LN1999/003
- Dates of Creation1933-1947
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description140 booklets, bundles, folders, papers and volumes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Standing Joint Committee was set up under the London Passenger Transport Board Act 1933 Schedule 7.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements