These folders contain the following:
Handwritten copies of poems written by Tom Taylor as well as copies of popular poems written by other people. These are almost entirely unsigned and undated. Included is a handwritten copy of a poem entitled Bridal Joy, written by Taylor to celebrate the marriage of Kate Terry, undated and signed.
Printed copies of poems written by Taylor and others, mostly undated. Notable materials include:
- Hardback copy of a poem titled The Momentous Question - a Lay in Three Tyttes, with annotations and a hand-written cover-page, dated 1852.
- Printed poetry review titled Ballad and Songs of Brittany written by Taylor, signed on cover and dated 1865.
- Illustrated copy of a poem written by Taylor titled The Cry of the Children, complete with original handwritten version, dated Apr 1875.
Handwritten as well as printed copies of public addresses written by Taylor. Notable materials include:
- Printed copy of an address written by Taylor and given by Mrs Hermann Vezin at a Drury Lane, London benefit performance, annotated and dated Mar 1868.
- Printed copies of an address written by Taylor and given by Mary Anne Stirling at a benefit event, dated 1868. Correspondence attached.
- Handwritten and printed copies of an address written by Taylor to be read by Kate Terry. Comes complete with a modern Jack Reading transcription and contract of agreement signed by both Taylor and Terry. Items dated 1866 and 1867.
- Programme for Intervention, an epilogue written by Taylor for Kate Terry, inscribed to Laura Taylor on cover, undated. Complete with Jack Reading contextual note.
Printed memorial programmes featuring poems written by Taylor, one of which is annotated. All are undated. Amongst these is a modern copy of a memorial poem written by Taylor complete with accompanying Jack Reading contextual note.