- Duplicated minutes of Council and sub-committees, with agendas, various consultation documents and papers re visits to hospitals and other health facilities, 1975-82;
- various publications including of Association of Scottish Local Health Councils, 1979-82.
Records of Western District Local Health Council, Glasgow, Scotland
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 812 HB75
- Dates of Creation1975-1982
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description0.2 meters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
These are Mrs M. F. Rankin's papers as a member of the Council, on which she represented Glasgow University Settlement. The Local Health Councils were established as part of the National Health Service reorganisation of 1974 "to represent the interests of the public". The boundaries of the Council coincided with those of the Greater Glasgow Health Board Western District. In the early 1990s this Council ceased to exist when all of the District Local Health Councils in the city were amalgamated to form a single Glasgow Local Health Council.
Arranged in series.
Conditions Governing Access
Some material is unfit for reprographics purposes.
Mrs M F Rankin.
Other Finding Aids
A paper based finding aid can be located in the searchroom.
Appraised according to standard GB 0812 procedure.
Records held by Mrs M F Rankin prior to transfer.
No further accruals expected.