File of memoranda relating to the Emergency Medical Scheme and the Army Medical Service. Some memoranda were produced by the EMS, others produced by other bodies, such as the British Orthopaedic Association, in response to EMS activities. Most of the material in this file relates to planning for hospital services during the war, and provides substantial information on the cooperation between the AMS and EMS orthopaedic services to develop a national scheme and particular requirements for the treatment of fractures.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 PLA/8/1/3
- Dates of Creation1939-1944
- Physical Description20 pieces.