File of correspondence relating to the Ministry of Health provision for orthopaedics and Platt's consultancy work for the Emergency Medical Scheme and the Army Medical Services. The file contains an interesting sequence of letters about the appointment of the first policy adviser to the Ministry of Health, correspondence on planning for orthopaedic services, the segregation and referral of severe cases, and the effectiveness of penicillin, and correspondence about particular hospitals with orthopaedic responsibilities that Platt which visited in his role as consultant (this relates to the reports at PLA/8/1/4).
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 PLA/8/1/1
- Former ReferenceGB 133 H.1
- Dates of Creation1939-1954
- Physical Description136 pieces.