File of copy patient case sheets (manuscript entries on Army Form I 1237) for patients under the care of Captain Platt as medical officer of the Grangethorpe Military Orthopaedic Hospital. The case sheets are in no apparent order, and date largely from 1917 to 1919. They cover patients with a wide variety of orthopaedic diagnoses. These case sheets give the following information: name and service details of patient, diagnosis, date of onset, station (the military hospital where they are based) and treatment notes. The file also includes typescript case notes for a case of phantom limb, 1922 (/6) and one Ministry of Pensions patient case sheet, 1924 (/52). The case sheets have been numbered 2 -52.
Patient case sheets
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 PLA/1/2/2
- Former ReferenceGB 133 A.2.2-52
- Dates of Creation1917-1919
- Physical Description51 pieces, 81 sheets. Condition: sheets fragile and torn. Care is required when handling.
Scope and Content
Patient records subject to access restrictions; may be closed up to 100 years according to the requirements of the Data Protection Act, 1998..