Correspondence and papers relating to Platt's visit to Paris when he was awarded an honorary doctorate at the University of Paris, 9 November 1966. Philip D. Wilson was also awarded an honorary doctorate at the same ceremony. This file contains correspondence about the award and about arrangements for Platt's attendance at the ceremony.
For the certificate, academic hood and medal awarded to Platt, see PLA/13/7/6. There are photographs of the ceremony at PLA/11/1/4 and PLA/11/2/7/9.
- /1 Letter from Jean Roche, University of Paris, 24 January 1967.
- /2-5 Typescript English translation of article about the awards ceremony, Figaro, 10 November 1966, with photograph taken during the ceremony, 9 November 1966. These were sent to Platt by Wilson.
- /6-7 Letter from William Mansfield Cooper about the award, with copy reply, November 1966.
- /8-9 Letter of congratulations from Vincent Knowles, Registrar of the University of Manchester, with copy reply, November 1966.
- /10 Copy letter of thanks from Platt to Jean Roche, 15 November 1966.
- /11 Copy letter of thanks from Platt to Professor Georges Brouet, 15 November 1966.
- /12 Invitation card to the degree ceremony on 9 November 1966.
- /13 Letter from P. Bartoli, University of Paris, 25 October 1966.
- /14 Letter from George Brouet, 19 October 1966.
- /15 Copy letter from Platt to Georges Brouet, 10 October 1966.
- /16 Letter from Georges Brouet, 20 September 1966.
- /17-18 Letter from Georges Brouet with copy reply, July 1966.
- /19-20 Letter from Jean Roche informing Platt that he would be awarded the title of Docteur Honoris Causa at the University of Paris, with copy reply, June 1966.