Collections for the history of Jesus College, Oxford, made in 1914, by the Rev. Dr. Andrew Clark, vols. XV-XIX, including lists of members, 17th-19th century.
Collections for the History of Jesus College, Oxford, by Rev. Dr. Andrew Clark
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Top. Oxon. e. 142-3, e. 197-9
- Dates of Creation1914
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description5 shelfmarks
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Andrew Clark (1856-1922) was rector of Great Leighs, Essex, and an antiquary.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The volumes were given to the Library by the executors of Rev. Dr. Andrew Clark in 1922.
- Diary of Andrew Clark (MSS. Eng. hist. e. 88-177c)
- Newspaper Cuttings Collected by Andrew Clark (MSS. Eng. misc. e. 265-329)
- Oxford College Collections of Rev. Andrew Clark (MSS. Top. Oxon. d. 96-106, e. 104/1-4, e. 105/1-5, e. 109-115, e. 123/1-23, e. 124/1-16, e. 128-141, f. 22-6)
- Essex Collections of Rev. Andrew Clark (MSS. Top. Essex c. 15, e. 6/1-11, e. 7, e, 8/1-6, e. 9/1-3, e. 10/1-3, e. 11/1-13, e. 11/15, e. 12, e. 14-29, e. 29, e. 30-41, e. 43)
- Hertfordshire Notes of Rev. Andrew Clark (MSS. Top. Herts. e. 1-8)
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
P.S. Spokes, Summary Catalogue of Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library relating to the city county and university of Oxford. Accessions from 1916 to 1962 (Oxford, 1964).