Comprises 98 autograph letters, mainly from John Gage Rokewode to William Long, dated between 24 September 1835 and 9 November 1842.
Letters mainly from John Gage Rokewode, with a few letters between others
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Misc. Letters 1 Rokewode
- Dates of Creation1835-1842
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description98 letters held in 2 boxes, manuscript. The letters were formerly bound into a volume which is now shelved in a separate author/alphabetical sequence following the main sequence of Miscellaneous Letters.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Gage Rokewode (1786-1842), the antiquary. For fuller details of his life and achievements see the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
From the library of Lord Brotherton.
Other Finding Aids
The letters are listed in the Letters database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/letters/letlink.htm#rokewode