3 photographs, with negatives (1919, n.d.); Protection and identity certificate (Nov. 1919); Certificate of Transfer to Reserve (Dec. 1919); Home Guard identity card (Sep. 1940); Home Guard certificate (ca. 1945); Typescript list of members of Ardsley Company of the Local Defence Volunteer Force (n.d.); 2 badges (n.d.); Name tag (n.d.); German bread ration book (n.d.).
Tom Thorp papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection GO 14
- Dates of Creation1919-1945
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; typescript, photographs with negatives, and printed certificates Includes 2 badges, a name tag, and a bread ration book
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Tom Baden Thorp (b. 1900), Private, King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry, was called up in June 1918 and served in occupied Germany after the First World War. He also served with the Home Guard in the Second World War from July 1940 to Dec 1944.
Access is unrestricted
The papers were placed in the Collection by J. B. Thorp (son).
Other Finding Aids
German catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available