Comprises 54 separate poems.
Collection of verse, partly political and addressed to the Cecil family, including many epitaphs
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt q 44
- Dates of Creationca. 1626-1649
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 vol. (60 ff.), predominantly in a single hand, ca. 1626, with later additions, bound within vellum covers. On the inside front cover there are the words 'At Leth the 4 June 1649 R.[D.?] Carr' written in a hand similar to that of the main text, and the name 'Douglas Grant' written in pencil in a modern hand.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The compiler of this anthology is unknown.
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased at Sotheby's on 26 August 1981.
Other Finding Aids
The poems are indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bcltq44