This class of items gathered together by Marjorie Garrod relates to a festival in celebration of AEFH's work which took place at the Greenwich Theatre, London, during Apr-Jul 1978. It included a season of plays which had been produced by AEFH during her lifetime, notably The Golden Cradle, a production of 5 plays by Synge, Lady Gregory and Yeats, along with one new play, The Achurch Letters by Don Taylor, written especially for the Festival; there was also a series of films and talks, and an exhibition. The items comprise: /1-/3 booklets and programme produced to accompany the festival; /4-/6 newscuttings about the festival, and describing AEFH and her work; /7-/8 reviews of The Achurch Letters and The Golden Cradle; /9 article about AEFH; /10 reviews of Hindle Wakes which was also produced at the festival; /11 article on AEFH and the Gaiety; /12 paper plaque advertising the festival and signed by various members of the cast of The Golden Cradle.
Papers relating to the Horniman Festival at the Greenwich Theatre
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 AEH/4/1/9
- Former ReferenceGB 133 /1, /2, /5 & /7, p. 33; /3, p. 36; /4, p. 35; /6, /9 & /11, p. 34; /8, pp. 34 & 35; /10, pp. 34 & 35; /12, p. 37.
- Dates of Creation1978
- Physical Description12 items.