Letters sent to AEFH by the playwright and dramatic critic [William] Stanley Houghton, whose first plays were performed at the Gaiety, and who won great and lasting success with Hindle Wakes in 1912. He died from complications following an appendix operation in 1913, at the age of 32. Also includes one letter written by his mother on his behalf.
Letters from Stanley Houghton
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 AEH/4/1/5
- Former ReferenceGB 133 p. 26.
- Dates of CreationJun 12-Sep 1913
- Physical Description5 items.