First line: November's days are thirty.
Written in Steep.
Poem 2 in R. George Thomas, The Collected Poems of Edward Thomas (1978), p. 11.
(1) Typescript once owned by Mary Elizabeth Thomas (Thomas' mother)
(2) Typescript once owned by Julian Thomas (Thomas' brother), now in private hands
(3) Lockwood Memorial Library
(4) Typescript poem found among the Robert Frost papers in Dartmouth College Library
(5) Typescript sent to Harry Hooton, bought by Norman Colbeck, now in the Colbeck Collection, University of British Columbia
First published in Edward Eastaway [Edward Thomas], Poems (1917).