- Annual reports of the Ahafo, Dagomba, Wenchi/Sunyani and Kumas districts, Gold Coast (1939-1951)
- Report on the history and organisation of the "Kamnonse" in Dagomba (1948)
- Photographs relating to Davies' service in the Gold Coast.
Photographs and Reports belonging to Arthur W. Davies
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.afr.s.1878
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Arthur W. Davies was born in 1915 and educated at the Royal Grammar School in Worcester; and Magdalen College, Oxford. He was on military service during 1936-1943. Davies served as a Colonial Administrator in the Gold Coast, holding the posts of Assistant District Commissioner (1939); District Commissioner (1945); Administrative Officer, class II (1952); and Administrative Officer, class I (1955).
Conditions Governing Access
Bodleian reader's ticket required.
Collection level description created by Marion Lowman, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Administrative/Biographical History compiled with reference to A Biographical Dictionary of the British Colonial Service 1939-1966 by A.H.M. Kirk-Greene (1991).
Other Finding Aids
The library holds a card index of all manuscript collections in its reading room.
Listed as no. 1241 in Manuscript Collections in Rhodes House Library Oxford, Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library, 1996).
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of personal papers without permission. Contact the library in the first instance.
Deposited with the Oxford Development Records Project.