Papers relating to Europe in the interwar period and during the Second World War. The majority of the papers relate to Hungary.
Papers of Carlile Aymler Macartney (1895-1978)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. c. 3280-316
- Dates of Creation1895-1964
- Language of MaterialEnglish, Hungarian, French, German, Romanian, Russian, Danish, and Swedish.
- Physical Description37 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Carlile Aylmer Macartney (1895-1978) was a historian and author. Details are given in Who Was Who.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given to the Library by St. Antony's College in 1982.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full catalogue is available in the Library.