From Samuel Alexander [professor of philosophy 1893-1924]:
- /1 22 May 1908, re. M.A. regulations;
- /2 10 November 1908, discusses 'Scotch plan' for stipends, and arrangements for paying assistants at the University;
- /3 copy letter, 14 October 1913, refers to case of Martin Kraus, headmaster of the Jewish School, Cheetham, asking Alexander to request he repay money owed to University's Students' Aid fund;
- /4 copy letter, 15 January 1914, confirms Alexander's appointment as pro-vice chancellor;
- /5 'Sunday' n.d., reports conversation with Professor 'Myers' who said 'Cook' was best candidate for post [prob. chair of Greek];
- /6 n.d., refers to contacting W. Warde Fowler [classicist] about 'Godley' concerning appointment in classics [poss. the chair of Greek];
- /7 26 November [?], concerning teaching arrangements in the philosophy department.