From John Lewis Paton, high master of Manchester Grammar School:
- /1 10 Aug 1907, canvasses for colleagues, and gives details of constitution of MGS's board of governors, and possibility of it gaining support from the rates;
- /2 7 Dec 1907, re. Saturday morning class in art;
- /3 29 Mar 1908, proposes a candidate as governor of Sandbach Grammar School;
- /4 4 Apr [1908?], his candidate for Sandbach, E. Hampden Cook, not a 'passive resister';
- /5 22 Jan 1909, writes on behalf of the Committee of the Lincoln Centenary, asks him to attend the presentation of memorial to Lord Mayor, asks if would consider honorary degree for the American ambassador;
- /6 27 Jan 1909, re. meeting about the Lincoln Centenary [letter is incomplete];
- /7 copy letter 23 Oct 1913, grant to W. Keith Macdonald from the Barker bequest.